We're proud to announce that Family SportsLife Today is holding a FREE Symposium for Parents and Student-Athletes to be held at University of Washington on Saturday, May 31st entitled "Expectations with Revelations: an insight to the process of Intercollegiate recruiting today...".
The event will be held at the University of Washington, Hec Ed Pavilion, Assembly Hall, Saturday, May 31, 2008, from 12:00 -3:30pm. Middle School and High School parents and their student athlete children are invited to this FREE program. Pre-registration is encouraged by joining
This program features college coaches as Panelists from various areas of intercollegiate sports. Division I, II, III, NAIA and Community College representatives will present their recruiting insights and information for parents and their student athletes on what identifies a prospect today when they evaluate a student athlete playing interscholastic sports.
The representative Universities and Colleges from the Puget Sound will include coaches from Seattle University, Seattle Pacific University, St. Martin's College, Pacific Lutheran University, University of Puget Sound, Northwest University, Bellevue Community College, and the host school, the University of Washington. The sports being represented in this symposium will be the following:
- Men and Women's Basketball
- Volleyball (D-I, D-II)
- Men and Women's Soccer
- Football (D-I, D-II)
- Track and Field
- Fast pitch Softball
Also featured in this extraordinary program are former intercollegiate student athletes from the various levels of intercollegiate athletics and their respective sports. Certified professionals from Strength and Conditioning training programs will also provide information for parents and student athletes.
Topics will cover:
- Identifying a student athlete "prospect" today. Where and when are they first discovered?
- The "first" contact: is the beginning of "expectations"?
- The Parent's role in supporting their student athlete today in middle school and high school sports.
- How a Parent can best prepare for understanding the eligibility related to NCAA Clearinghouse rules and regulations today.
- Important information and dates to remember.
- Core subjects that are pre-requisites for eligibility standards per NCAA Clearinghouse rules.
- Select Team programs: does it help to be on a "Select" team today or not?
- What age should individual training, such as Strength and Conditioning programs be initiated?
- Sports Nutrition and your student athlete today. The importance of eating well and staying healthy.
The program is FREE to the Public. The program is FREE to the Public.
Refreshments will be available. A question and answer session will follow the presentation. Questions for the seminar can be submitted in advance to FamilySportsLifeToday@gmail.com. Before the event, we'd like Parents to fill out a survey on college recruiting at www.FamilySportsLifeToday.com/survey.
Registration will be open from 12:00 - 12:20pm. Pre-registration is recommended at www.FamilySportsLifeToday.com. Seating is limited, so it is important to register online now for this event.
Donations of Food items for Northwest Harvest will be greatly appreciated and gladly accepted!
This is the third program of its kind. The inaugural program began in 2001 at Seattle Pacific University and was widely acclaimed by all parents in attendance at that time. The second program was hosted on the campus at Hec Ed Pavilion two years ago, and all parents in attendance came away with a better understanding of what college coaches think when they identify a "prospect" for their sports programs.